November 13, 2011

Sunday




Pictures: mbl.is

My blog break the last few weeks was due to that the kids great grandmother died. This is her old kitchen. Although she was a great grandmother she never got old. When I first met her some 10 years ago she was actually seventy something years old. I didn´t know the language and my mother in law took me to a charity run with who I mistakenly thought was her sister. I waited and waited for my boyfriends grandmother to appear at the dinner afterwards at her house. I thought she must had gone to the store or something. In her apartment there was always people everywhere, not easy to know who everyone was.
In her old kitchen at the end of the world she sat in the heat from the stove playing cards and games waiting for the typical misty weather to clear. There was always fresh coffee and she
always devoted her time and attention to everyone else. She collected dolls and old toys. The toy pictures are from her bedroom. Although if you were a child you were allowed to borrow them.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails