July 5, 2011

Tuesday




As you might have noticed I haven't had time to blog so much lately. It mostly has to do with my bad back that is now luckily better. I now have a big 6 month old girl that is constantly on the move and I'm kind of wondering where these months went.
I thought I might give some tips about what to see and do if you ever come to Iceland. There are many recent family friendly cafes one of which is Iðunnaraplið tucked away in a cozy downtown basement right next to the Parliament. They have moderate prices, make their own baby food, open early and feature a playroom with video surveillance.
In Iceland people leave their babies sleeping outside of cafes and shops even on the main street. I have noticed tourists find that terribly unusual. It's an old custom letting your children sleep outside and to our defense we have a very low crime rate. If you'd steal a baby here there'd be no where to hide or go since we're a small island. You can borrow a baby watch device or sit by the stroller in the window.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails